Navigating Sharjah Free Zone Landscape
Sharjah is an emirate just 30 minutes east of Dubai. It is bordered by 6 of the 7 emirates that make up the UAE. Sharjah Free Zone (SFZ) is one of the most popular free zones in the United Arab Emirates. It offers a number of benefits to businesses, including 100% foreign ownership, no corporate taxes, and no personal income taxes. SFZ also has a number of other advantages, such as a strategic location, a skilled workforce, and a well-developed infrastructure.
Here are some of the steps involved in setting up a business in a free zone in Sharjah:
- Choose a free zone.
- Apply for a trade license.
- Open a bank account.
- Obtain a visa.
- Register your business with the government.
- Set up your office.
- Start trading.
The time it takes to set up a business in Sharjah Free Zone will vary depending on the free zone and the complexity of your business. However, it’s generally a relatively quick and easy process.
TOP 5 Free Zones in Sharjah
- Sharjah Airport International Free Zone (SAIF Zone) : SAIF Zone is one of the largest free zones in Sharjah. It is located close to Sharjah International Airport, making it a convenient location for businesses that need to import or export goods. SAIF Zone offers a number of benefits to businesses, including 100% foreign ownership, no corporate taxes, and no personal income taxes.
- Sharjah Media City (SHAMS) : SHAMS is a free zone for media and creative industries. It offers a number of benefits to businesses in these industries, including a 50% discount on rent for the first five years, and access to a number of government-funded programs and initiatives. SMC is a great place to set up a business if you are involved in the media, advertising, or design industries.
- Sharjah Technology Park (STP) : STP is a free zone for technology companies. It offers a number of benefits to businesses in this industry, including a 50% discount on rent for the first five years, and access to a number of government-funded programs and initiatives. STP is a great place to set up a business if you are involved in the technology, IT, or software industries.
- Sharjah Research and Development (R&D) Zone : The Sharjah R&D Zone is a free zone for research and development companies. It offers a number of benefits to businesses in this industry, including a 100% tax exemption on profits, and access to a number of government-funded programs and initiatives. The Sharjah R&D Zone is a great place to set up a business if you are involved in the research and development of new products or technologies.
- Sharjah Publishing City Free Zone (SPC Free Zone) is a specialized free zone in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is the first of its kind publishing free zone in the region. It was established in 2017 with the aim of creating a comprehensive ecosystem that supports and fosters the growth of the publishing industry in the region.
These are just a few of the many free zone centers in Sharjah. When choosing a free zone, it is important to consider your business needs and goals. Some free zones are better suited for certain industries than others. For example, SAIF Zone is a good choice for businesses that need to import or export goods, while SMC is a good choice for businesses in the media or creative industries.
It is also important to consider the cost of setting up a business in a free zone. Some free zones are more expensive than others. For example, STP is one of the most expensive free zones in Sharjah, while SKO is one of the most affordable.
Benefits of setting up a Business in the Sharjah Free Zone
- Lower costs: The cost of setting up and running a business in Sharjah is lower than in other emirates in the UAE. This is due to a number of factors, including lower rent, lower taxes, and lower labor costs.
- More flexible regulations: The regulations in Sharjah are more flexible than in other emirates in the UAE. This gives businesses more freedom to operate. For example, there are no restrictions on foreign ownership in Sharjah, and businesses are not required to pay corporate taxes.
- Better support: The Sharjah government provides better support to businesses in Sharjah than other emirates in the UAE. This includes providing financial assistance, training, and marketing support. For example, the Sharjah government offers a number of grants and loans to businesses, and it also provides training and marketing assistance.
- Strategic location: Sharjah is located in the heart of the Middle East, making it a convenient location for businesses that want to trade with the region. Sharjah is also a major transportation hub, with direct access to seaports, airports, and highways.
- Skilled workforce: Sharjah has a skilled workforce that is proficient in English and Arabic. This makes it easy to find and hire the right employees for your business. Sharjah is home to a number of universities and colleges, which produce a steady stream of skilled graduates.
- Well-developed infrastructure: Sharjah has a well-developed infrastructure, including roads, airports, and seaports. This makes it easy to import and export goods and services. Sharjah has a modern transportation system, with a network of roads, railways, and airports.
- Favorable business environment: Sharjah has a favorable business environment, with a strong focus on attracting foreign investment. The Sharjah government is committed to providing businesses with a supportive environment, and it has put in place a number of policies and initiatives to make it easier for businesses to operate in Sharjah.
If you’re looking to set up a business in the UAE, Sharjah Free Zone is a great option. It offers a number of benefits, including 100% foreign ownership, no corporate tax, and 100% repatriation of profits. The process of setting up a business in the Sharjah Free Zone is also relatively quick and easy. We can guide you through this.
We are a business setup consultancy in UAE, and we can help you with every step of the process of setting up a company in Sharjah
Contact us today to learn more about our business setup services in UAE.