Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone (ADAFZ)
Located in the United Arab Emirates, the Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone (ADAFZ) serves as a thriving hub for businesses. Its strategic location near the Abu Dhabi International Airport, the largest airport in the UAE, provides convenient access to global markets. Established in 2004, ADAFZ plays a crucial role in promoting trade and investment across various sectors, including aviation, logistics, manufacturing, and technology.
Location: ADAFZ is easily accessible by road and air. It’s connected to the Abu Dhabi-Dubai highway, a major transport route in the UAE. Additionally, ADAFZ is in close proximity to the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC), a significant convention and exhibition center in the UAE.
Regulatory Framework: ADAFZ operates under a clear and straightforward regulatory framework. While businesses in ADAFZ are subject to the laws and regulations of the UAE, they also adhere to the specific regulations of ADAFZ. These regulations aim to promote trade and investment in sectors such as aviation, logistics, manufacturing, and technology.
Business Environment: ADAFZ offers a business-friendly environment. The Abu Dhabi government is committed to promoting trade and investment and has implemented several policies and programs to support businesses in ADAFZ.
Market Access: Businesses in ADAFZ have access to a wide range of markets. The UAE is a member of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), a free trade zone with a population of over 50 million people. As a member of the World Trade Organization (WTO), businesses in ADAFZ also have access to a global market of over 200 countries.
Benefits of Setting up a Business in the Abu Dhabi Free Zone
- No Import Duties: Businesses in ADAFZ are not subject to import duties on goods that remain within the zone. This can result in significant savings, as import duties in the UAE can be as high as 5%.
- 100% Repatriation of Profits: Businesses in ADAFZ can repatriate all of their profits back to their home country, allowing them to retain all their earnings without any tax deductions.
- Easy Access to Global Markets: ADAFZ’s location near Abu Dhabi International Airport, one of the busiest airports in the world, provides businesses with easy access to global markets, facilitating the export of their goods and services.
- Business-Friendly Environment: Abu Dhabi offers a business-friendly environment with the government committed to attracting foreign investment. There are a number of incentives available to businesses set up in the UAE.
- Skilled Labour: Abu Dhabi boasts a large pool of skilled labor, which can be a valuable asset for businesses.
Process of Setting up a Business in ADAFZ
- Initial Approval: Complete the application form and provide a business plan. If setting up a branch or subsidiary, provide the existing company trade license/registration certificate, Memorandum of Association (MOA), color passport copies of directors, managers, and two years of audited financial reports. If setting up a new company, provide a Curriculum Vitae (CV), a certificate of reference from a personal bank, and color passport copies of the new company’s shareholders and the appointed manager.
- Registration: Pay the registration fee of AED 2,250 or AED 3,500, along with the license fee, which starts at AED 4,000 and depends on the type of license required. Provide a board resolution appointing a manager (notarized and attested), a power of attorney given to the manager (notarized and attested), the Memorandum and Articles of Association (notarized and attested), and a specimen signature of the manager (notarized and attested).
- Find a Property: Identify a suitable property within ADAFZ to house your business. ADAFZ offers a range of property options, including offices, warehouses, and plots of land.
- Obtain a License: Once your application has been approved and you have secured a property, you can obtain your business license. The type of license you need will depend on the nature of your business.
- Set up Your Business: With your license in hand, you can now set up your business. This includes setting up your office or warehouse, hiring staff, and starting your operations.
Cost for Setting up a Business in Abu Dhabi Free Zone (ADAFZ)
The cost of setting up a business in ADAFZ varies depending on the nature of your business and the type of license required. Here is a breakdown of the costs:
- Registration Fee: A one-time registration fee is required. This fee is either 5,000 AED or 7,500 AED.
- License Fee: The license fee ranges from 15,000 AED to 50,000 AED. The exact fee depends on the type of license required – trade, service, or industrial.
Please note that these costs are subject to change and it’s always best to check the latest fees with the Free Zone Authority or a business setup consultant. Other costs, such as visa fees, office rental, and employee salaries, are not included in these figures and should be factored into your budget separately.
Requirements for Setting up a Business in ADAFZ
To set up a business in ADAFZ, there are a number of requirements that businesses must meet. These include having a unique company name, having a registered office in ADAFZ, having at least one director and one shareholder, and having a valid business license. The shareholder(s) and director(s) can be either natural persons or legal entities.
How BizDaddy Can Help You
BizDaddy is a leading business setup consultancy in the UAE. We can assist you in setting up your business in ADAFZ. Our services include advising on the best type of business structure, assisting with the application process, providing information on local laws and regulations, helping to obtain the necessary licenses and permits, and providing support after the business is set up. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you set up your business in ADAFZ.